Saturday, May 5 (10 am – 5 pm)
Sunday, May 6 (10 am – 4 pm)
John F. Kennedy High School (Kennedy Catholic)
Click here for discounted group tickets (through April 15)
Click here for schedule of events
• A diverse display of contemporary and traditional quilts, large and small, by NSQG members and friends of the Guild
• Two different lectures by Bonnie Hunter, a renowned scrap-quilt artist
• A lecture by Tom Hennes, founder of Thinc Design, which created the spectacular installation of Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts, at the Park Avenue Armory in March 2011
• The 2012 NSQG Members’ Invitational –– A special exhibit inspired by Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts
• The 2012 Guild Challenge, “Reach for the Stars” – a tribute to this summer’s international athletic games in London
• See a special exhibition of quilts by Barbara Barrick McKie. Barbara is an eclectic, award-winning fiber artist who uses her own photographs and a special printingprocess to create her special, pictorial art quilts. (In addition, Barbara is the guest speaker at our May meeting. Click here for more information.)
• The Art Quilters’ “Forms of A Dress” challenge
• Technique demonstrations by NSQG members and friends of the Guild
• The opportunity to try the quilting process yourself as you “Build a Block” using the “quilt as you go” method. Help create a quilt that will be donated to charity; perhaps discover a new passion!
• A “Silent Auction” of small quilts made by Guild members — handcrafted artwork to take home with you! Click here to see the quilts!
• A diverse selection of first-rate vendors offering unique notions, fabrics, patterns, and more. Click here for vendor list.