We at Northern Star are a creative bunch. Different talents and techniques abound. Every year that creativity is put to the test with a new Challenge. Get in on the fun!
If interested in sponsoring next year’s challenge, contact email@example.com
2020 AQS Grand Rapids ‘Ultimate Guild Challenge’ Display
For those who would like their 2019 Challenge Quilt to be considered for inclusion in NSQG’s entry (8 quilts needed) to the 2020 AQS Grand Rapids ‘Ultimate Guild Challenge’ Display, below are the guidelines from our 2019 Ruby challenge to refresh your memory.
You must have adhered strictly to our guidelines or your quilt will not meet the AQS guidelines.
Contact April Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Quilt Show will be celebrating its 40th Anniversary in 2019! Tradition states that Ruby is the gift!
So, let’s celebrate our 40th with some beautiful Flowers to display at the Show.
- Quilt project must consist of 3 layers, back, top and batting all stitched together and quilted by hand or machine and created by one maker.
- You must use the Ruby challenge fabric provided to you by the Guild. You will receive a regular 1/4 yard of fabric.
- You may add as many additional fabric colors as you would like to enhance the Ruby challenge fabric.
- You may use your choice of threads or embellishments.
- The quilt can be constructed in any form you wish, eg. paper piecing, traditional pattern, appliqué or your own pattern.
- Don’t forget the sleeve for hanging and a label.
- The quilt size must be 23 inches wide. The length can be up to 30 inches long but, that is the maximum size it can be.
April A. Russell, Challenge@northernstarquilters.com