Kennedy Catholic and Northern Star Quilters are hosting a Public Sewing Day for the ArtsWestchester project ‘Metropolis Sunrise’ by Amanda Browder.
Kennedy Catholic, Somers, NY
ArtsWestchester is sponsoring a community art installation, designed by Amanda Browder, an artist known for her large-scale fabric projects. She has designed a quilt-like sculpture which will be hung from the top of ArtsWestchester’s historic building at 31 Mamaroneck Ave, White Plains in May.
And snacks are always welcome!Tasks at Sewing days:
– organizing fabric by color
– placing fabric on the tables for pinning
– pinning the fabric
– sewing the pinned sections together
– maintenance of the sewing machines
– helping those who might need it
– greeting and directing arriving people
– organizing fabric as it is sewn
We hope lots of you will be able to be there. If you are interested in participating on Feb. 23rd, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Metropolis Sunrise” is presented by ArtsWestchester and made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.