- To signup and pay via credit card: click HERE.
- To signup and pay by check:
– EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org with your selection
– NOTE on your check what workshop and MAIL your check (payable to Northern Star Quilters’ Guild) to:
Deborah Tashjian, 6 McDougal Lane, Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567
– All sign-ups are subject to availability; no refunds
unless the event is cancelled.
– Please be sure your NSQG membership is up-to-date (click here to renew or join
) before registering as a member.
– Non-members are welcome (based on availability) for an increased fee, usually $20.
Class confirmation will be emailed when payment is received.
Supply lists, if not already on the website, will be emailed shortly before the workshop
Zoom link, if applicable, will be emailed to participants a few days before the workshop.
DAISY DODGE : A Day With One Of NSQG’s Own
Saturday, 23 March 2024
9 am to 3:30 pm EDT
Members $50 / Non-Members $70
Live, in-person at the Millwood Firehouse on 100 Millwood Road in Millwood, NY 10546
Trying to stay creatively inspired during the early days of the pandemic, Daisy Dodge studied the Bauhaus Movement and discovered compelling connections between Bauhaus art and quilting that subsequently inspired her to write a book and develop a workshop. Like the Bauhaus instructors, in this workshop Daisy will encourage you to explore geometric design and color theory, to push the boundaries of traditional design, to find your own unique modernism, and to create something truly innovative. The basics of foundation paper piecing will be taught, but you can also choose to piece traditionally. Daisy will supply paper block designs and a gridded sheet. Working both individually and collaboratively, everyone will begin to build their own one-of-a-kind modern quilt, exploring the versatility of the blocks, and playing with color to choose unexpected palettes.
Daisy’s Kit is an additional $15, paid to Daisy at the workshop.
– Daisy’s book, Ultimate Modern Quilt Block Collection. If you don’t have Daisy’s book, you can click here to purchase: Ultimate Modern Quilt Block Collection
– Sewing machine in good working condition; don’t forget power cord and pedal
– Sewing kit you usually bring with you – scissors, snips, replacement sewing machine needles, pins, etc.
– Small cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter
– Glue sticks or pins
– Scissors for paper
– Small iron and ironing pad
– Neutral thread
– Sharpie/permanent marker
– Seam ripper (hopefully you won’t need it)
– Assortment of solid fabrics – yardages will vary based on design
Check out Daisy’s website here: Daisy Dodge Art