- To signup and pay via credit card: click HERE.
- To signup and pay by check:
– EMAIL email@example.com with your selection
– NOTE on your check what workshop and MAIL your check (payable to Northern Star Quilters’ Guild) to:
Deborah Tashjian, 6 McDougal Lane, Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567
– All sign-ups are subject to availability; no refunds
unless the event is cancelled.
– Please be sure your NSQG membership is up-to-date (click here to renew or join
) before registering as a member.
– Non-members are welcome (based on availability) for an increased fee, usually $20.
Class confirmation will be emailed when payment is received.
Supply lists, if not already on the website, will be emailed shortly before the workshop
Zoom link, if applicable, will be emailed to participants a few days before the workshop.
CRISTINA ARCENEGUI BONO – Pictorial Whole Cloth
Thursday, 18 April 2024
9 am to 3:30 pm EDT
In-person, location: Millwood Fire Co#1, 100 Millwood Road, Millwood, NY 10546
Members $50 / Non-Members $70
We will make a small pictorial whole cloth quilt based on a vintage illustration. You will learn where to look for public domain illustrations and what to look for. First, we will quilt and then we will color our small quilt. You will go home with quilt almost finished and full of ideas to make your own whole cloths.
- Sewing supplies: thread snippers, fabric scissors, pins
- Top fabric 18” x 23” (muslin
- Backing fabric 21” x 26” (muslin or off white solid fabric)
- Batting: one layer of high loft batting 18” x 21” (could be either polyester or wool) and one layer of Hobbs 80/20 or Quilters Dream 21” x 26”
- Black machine quilting thread preferably 40 or 50 weight (Cristina uses Madeira Polyneon, Aurifil and Glide Tech)
- Ecru or off-white machine quilting thread
- Basting thread
- Frixion pen
- Fabric marker (red color)
- Notebook, mechanical pencil, pen.
- Light box or table (only if you have one)
- Domestic sewing machine with darning foot