Happy New Year to all! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and were able to get some quilting in. Quilt registration opens in just a couple of weeks and I hope we have as great a display at this year’s show as we did last May. Things are starting to get into high gear for the show, make sure you read Chris and Noreen’s section to find out what is happening this month.
Mary Cannizzaro is starting a new Special Interest Group on the Electric Quilt (EQ) program. EQ is a wonderful tool can be used to design quilts – from the basic blocks on through to the quilting design. It is a deep and comprehensive program that most owners only use what would be the tip of an iceberg. Here are some thoughts that Mary has as to what the group will do:
- Members would need to have EQ 7 on a laptop to bring to the meeting (or see the last bullet).
- Share ideas and techniques of using EQ.
- Share knowledge of how EQ can work, how to better make use of the product.
- Members to take turns in suggesting a project for the group and follow up sharing.
- Possibly share with the guild membership the fruits of our labor.
- Members who don’t have EQ but are considering purchasing it could “sit in” to see what the program does to help them make their final purchase decision.
If you are interested in participating in this SIG, please email Donna Chambers at email@example.com. Mary plans on holding her first meeting in February to discuss how to proceed.
Finally, if you purchased some material from our speaker last month and got home and discovered it was missing, I have it. One of our members found the bag and gave it to me to hold on to. I will have it at the January meeting, so come and see me to reclaim your purchase.
Susan Fasnacht, President