WORKSHOP NOW FULL
6hrs – online
The cost of a workshop is $50.00, non-members are welcome (based on availability) for a fee of $70.
Please be sure your membership is up-to-date (you can renew here) before registering as a member for a workshop.
To signup and pay via credit card: click here.
To signup and pay by check: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your workshop choice and mail your check (payable to Northern Star Quilters’ Guild): Linda Stern, 26 Lake Drive, Somers, NY 10589
Class confirmation and supply list will be emailed when payment is received.
Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Materials List for Students
- Preparation for introductions: you will introduce yourself to the group by presenting one patterned fabric and one solid color fabric that you feel symbolize you and tell us why you chose these fabrics.
- Fabrics for project:
- bring lot of snippets of fabric that may vary from small (2” scrap) to largest being quarter of a yard
- select a range of colors and patterns, try to include variety
- include a bit of every color in the rainbow and a bit of black and white
- some fabric should be salvaged from discarded clothing or linens (if possible) and try and include fabrics that hold meaning and/or memory for you
- one piece of fabric should be 12×12 square, this will be the base for your project
- if possible, include some sheer fabrics: organza, lace, cheese cloth
- pins (straight or safety – your preference)
- thread – you may use sewing thread and/or embroidery thread
- thimble and hoop (optional)
- adhesive such as tacky glue or fabric glue (optional)
- Please have paper and writing utensil for short exercise
Keep updated with Nancy Hantman‘s latest ‘Road To . . . ‘ , a list of quilting events and websites.
Whether you’re a new or renewing member, check out our Buddy Program if you would like a ‘buddy’ to show you the ropes around the guild.
If you know any member of the guild who is in need of a little ‘sunshine’ for illness, sympathy, or any other reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so the guild can send a card.
Requests on how to make a donation to the guild to honor a member or support an activity are occasionally received. Such requests may now be accomplished via our website, where we have set up a Donate box on our home page, click on Make a Donation.
Guild policies are available for member review at the library table or by request to the email@example.com.
– Send Guild newsletter updates and photos as well as info on local quilt activities and shows to firstname.lastname@example.org and photos for Instagram and Facebook are always welcome at email@example.com.
– Follow and Share NSQG activities on Facebook and Instagram – @northernstarquilters
Area Quilt Events and More
- ‘What the Quilt Knows About Me’, American Folk Art Museum – thru May 27, NYC
- ‘Celebrations and Inspirations’, Greater Hartford Quilt Guild– Jun 10-11 29-30, West Hartford, CT
- ‘Maine Quilts‘, Pine Tree Quilters – Jul 27-29, Augusta, ME
- ‘Fall Harvest Festival Quilt Show’, Silver City Quilt Guild – Sep 23-24, Taunton, MA
- Crosstown Quilters Guild Show – Oct 14-15, Abington, MA
- —– ONGOING —–
- New England Quilt Museum Exhibits – Lowell, MA,
- Quilt Alliance Activities
- ArtsWestchester Events– White Plains, NY
- The National Quilt Museum Virtual Exhibits
- 2023 Quilt Shows Around the Country
Area Quilt Shops
- Beetle and Fred, Beacon, NY
- Cate’s Sew Modern, Guilford, CT
- Christie’s Quilting Boutique, Norwalk, CT
- Colchester Mill Fabrics, Colchester, CT
- Cotton Candy, Brookfield, CT
- Fabric Mart, Yorktown, NY
- Gotham Quilts, New York, NY
- Hudson Valley Quilt&Sew, Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY
- Pins & Needles, Mt. Kisco, NY
- Pinwheels (online), North Salem, NY
- Quilt Basket (online), Wappingers Falls, NY
- Quilt Tree, Nyack, NY
- Quilters Attic, Pine Bush, NY
- Sew Happy (sewing lessons only), Mamaroneck, NY
- Stitch in Time (machine servicing only), Danbury, CT
- Studio Q, Bethel, CT
- The Bolt Quilt Shop, Trumbull, CT
- The Quilt Shop By Lois, Newtown, CT
- Victoria Findlay Wolfe Quilts, New York, NY
- Village Fabric Shoppe, Red Hook, NY
- Yankee Quilter, Seymour, CT